Opinionated developer who prefers Visual Studio Code, Vim, 2 spaces over tabs (although project consistency trumps personal preference)
Likes good coffee, asking or answering good questions, good whiskey, and good company
The other bullet points kind of go over my side projects more but if you just want the quick and dirty of my past work experience here is a copy of my Resume
(now defunct) was my first side project. One of my friends who I worked with used to do online sports gambling. For a dollar we'd give you a report of who we thought was going to win against the line. If we were wrong, you got another token to purchase another report.
He and another wrote the database for parsing the nfl game data, I wrote the website (angular, node). This was really my first 'real' side project. But it failed miserably as none of us knew marketing.
A better wedding planning app. You sign up, get a phone number tied to your event. You send everyone a message from said number (easily) and it gives them event info, help information, lets them send you photos and videos they took.
Last minute change? no problem, frigg.io lets you send updates to everyone, certain groups (ie wedding party, family, etc) of people, gather responses (ie are you going to be at the ceremony and/or reception, meal choices, etc).
This is a solo project, and my current time sink
- An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth - Chris Hadfield
- The Art of Happiness - Dalai Lama
- Just Listen - Mark Goulston
- A Philosophy of Software Design - John Ousterhout
- The Pragmatic Programmer - Andrew Hunt, David Thomas
- The Mythical Man-Month - Fred Brooks
- The Design of Design - Fred Brooks
- Don't Make Me Think - Steve Krug
- The Design of Everyday Things - Don Norman